11/24/07

A Sweater for my Sweeties...

So trying to reduce my stress level...

I recently found an adorable sweater that I though would be just perfect for my little angles! I found a pattern called A Cardigan for Merry on a fellow bloggers site. (Thanks goes out to anny purls!) SO I decided to give it a try. I figure the pattern should fit somewhere in between my son and daughter, so I picked a neutral beige color ( I had to resist the urge to buy pink!), and got all my supplies together.

I haven't knit for a long while, but it always seemed soothing while I was doing it in High School.
I learned to knit from a teacher in 10th grade. I finished a red and white stripped hat (that matched our school colors perfectly) and I don't think I've finished a single project since (except maybe the occasional scarf that I kept around working on now and then just to keep my anxious fingers occupied). Always starting them...but never finishing.

Anyways, I used to sit and knit the previously mentioned scarves while I watched tv, while watching movies at school in class, I even was knitting in study hall (which I barely got away with, I used the excuse that it was an art project!)

So now, almost 8 years later, I am returning to my former release. My first attempt at a sweater should be interesting! I'll keep you all updated as I go!

I cast on the sweater last night and have about 2 inches of the back completed now. 6 inches to go until I start working around the arms! I'll post pictures when I get to the next step!

No comments: